Employment Opportunities In The Village Office
The Village of Grass Lake is accepting applications for the position of Village Clerk. This is a part-time position working approximately 18-20 hours per week performing the following activities.
- Provide counter customer service for payment of taxes, utility bills, and general information
- Administers the Accounts Payable software program submitting check disbursement authorizations to the Treasurer upon approval of Council
- Record the minutes of Village Council meetings, DDA Board and prepare legal notices for publication of the respective boards (Council, Planning Commission, ZBA)
- Administers oaths and maintains the oath book
- Serves as general accountant for reconciliation of general ledger
- Serves as Building Inspection Department Coordinator for issuing building permits and coordinates inspections with licensed officials contracted by the Village
- Keeps the corporate seal and maintains all records and documents not entrusted to another officer
- Updates the website and Documents on Demand
- Other duties as assigned by the Village Manager
Minimum requirements are high school graduate with 2 years of bookkeeping experience, proficient in Excel and Microsoft programs, professional demeanor and team player. Preferred requirements are Associates Degree or BBA with accounting background and working knowledge of BSA municipal software. Compensation is DOQ.
Resumes and applications should be sent to the attention of David Trent, Village Manager, P.O. Box 737, Grass Lake, MI 49240, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be dropped off at the Village Office located at 119 N. Lake Street. Application deadline is October 22 with interviews to be conducted the following week.
The Village of Grass Lake is looking to fill a full-time/part time laborer position in the DPW department. If you like working outside, desire to be a team player, have a mechanical aptitude, are willing to learn and enjoy handling lawn, garden, and snow plow equipment, we would like to hear from you. Starting salary DOQ with some health benefits available.
Please review the link for the job description and employment application and submit along with a resume to the Village of Grass Lake offices located at 119 N. Lake Street. For further information contact David Trent, Village Manager at 517.522.4550 x3 or email email@example.com.
DPW Maintenance Position
Perform the various duties noted below, and other duties as assigned, directed by the DPW Supervisor.
- Snow removal from streets, sidewalks and parking lots including application of salt as required
- Lawn maintenance of village properties – mowing and trimming
- Respond to sewer and water repairs
- Replace broken water meters
- Cold patching of streets
- Watering of plants, shrubs, and flowers and weeding of landscaped areas throughout the village
- Sign maintenance
- Brush and limb removal
- Litter and trash pickup and removal
- Repair of equipment
- Municipal parking lot and general street maintenance
- Sidewalk maintenance including construction and repair
- General maintenance of the DPW grounds, Village Office Facility, and Community Events Park
- Utilize the Badger reader device to record water meter readings monthly
- Be the on call operator one weekend per month at a minimum for emergency response
Minimum Skill Set Desired
- 18 years of age
- High School Graduate or GED
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate lawn and snow removal equipment
- Computer literate
- Physically able to pick up and move 40-50 pounds
- Pass a physical exam, drug test and background check
- Professional demeanor and team player
Preferred Skill Set
- Associates Degree
- Commercial Driver’s License
- 3-5 years work experience in operating heavy equipment, snow plow trucks, plumbing, electrical
- Licensed Water Operator
*If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, print off the attached application and turn it in at the Grass Lake Village Office*