Grass Lake Community Wellness Initiative
- Published: 15 January 2012
The Grass Lake community has been chosen to be a part of the Chelsea Wellness Foundation's 5 Healthy Towns, along with Dexter, Stockbridge, Chelsea, and Manchester. This opportunity offers unique expertise and funding toward expanding a healthy atmosphere.
The Grass Lake Community Wellness Initiative is a community-based organization with the mission to positively and pro-actively enhance our community's health and wellness. Community members, township and village officials, law enforcement officers, school district employees, local health organizations, and others have come together to develop a long term wellness plan that will satisfy the health needs of our community for years to come. There are four focus areas that are being concentrated on:
1. Avoiding Unhealthy Substances - To share information with the purpose of reducing the use of unhealthy substances.
2. Eating Better - To inform people how our diets can positively influence our lifestyles.
3. Connecting with Others In Healthy Ways - To create a community of caring individuals who support each other in overall community health and well-being.
4. Moving More - To support our community by offering effective ways for all ages to exercise and improve their health.
For more on the collaboration between the Chelsea Wellness Foundation and the Grass Lake Community Wellness Initiative and the 5 Healthy Towns, click on the links or icons below.